Posted in letters

If I was Tommo from Private Peaceful…

Welcome back to my blog! Its always a pleasure to meet you again :)This post is about a letter from the perspective of Tommo (from Private Peaceful) to his mother during the time of war.

My dearest mother,

I miss you terribly. Ghastly news is all that has been hovering around me these loathsomely dread stricken today’s and tommorow’s. Just last Monday, we fought. We fought against the merciless beasts. Alas, Pete died. The last time I set eyes on him, blood was curdling out of his bare skin whilst body was being engraved into my innocent mind. Still, its impenetrable darkness lingers. I could hear gun shots as death defying as seething blood, that day. Never could escape it, not even once. Even,every second that has ticked its way through the day hear menacing gun shots too.The number who have heard them are countless just like the lifeless soldiers who ricocheted out of this world like memories made of sand.

Despite this, you wouldn’t believe me if i told you this but, I killed one of the soldiers from Belgium.The stench of remorse still murders my nostrils meanwhile, continuous lumps of dread assassinate my taste buds. How is my moribund soul supposed to scarper away from all of these ruthless and cold- blooded deeds? Unthinkable, the answer is.

Besides me and my ceaseless and grotesque horrors, I cant conceptualize the spidery claws of agony slice through his unarmed veins vigorously. In days ticking by, tears of rue still splash my dirt coated cheeks for my unforgivable act. Regrettably, the sound of throes that anguished the long gone soldier preys on me every wakeful night like demented wolves. Murderers, they are.

However alarming this may seem, I love you and Charlie is right , the war will be prevailed over. I’ll be back with not a single scar painted on my face and not a glimpse of pang shall be cast on my eye. I will be home safe and sound. Give endless love from me to Tommo. Just you wait and see, he will be prince of our town.

Love,

Your son, Tommo

2 thoughts on “If I was Tommo from Private Peaceful…

1. Azkar,

I am bowled over, that is highly impresed, by your composition.

You have a gift and potential to be an impressive writer. I hope you will cultivate your gift and someday I will be reading a book by you.

Happy writing.

Mrs. Trivedi-Ziemba
    Team Student Blogging challenge 2018, USA
    @TrivediZiemba

1. Thank you very much! I do hope that you continue to read my posts and follow my blog. It would be a pleasure!